Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Beachy Tablescape

Anyone up for a trip to the beach? I am always ready for the beach! Since I can't actually go to the beach, I thought I would create a beach inspired tablescape. I have been wanting to do this since finding these lovely vintage glasses a few weeks ago.  Do you remember them?


Anywho, today I went with my son to the college to finish up some admissions paperwork and we ran by the little mall to look for him some new shoes when we were finished. He is going to the beach this weekend....Panama City Beach to be exact! Lucky kid...:) Well, of course we had to look at TJ Maxx since it is right at the front of the mall where I park and go in! I needed some place mats for my tablescape and I was fortunate to find these delightful little ocean dwellers plates while I was there as well. I was so excited. They were pretty inexpensive too...just $5.99 for the four! They had to come home with me since I knew how perfect they would go with the glasses!


What do you think? I just love how the place settings turned out! Here are the other plates....




The crab is my favorite, followed by the seahorse! It wasn't difficult to gather things for the centerpiece since I have lots of seashells and ocean themed decor in the guest bathroom. I shopped around the house and this is what I came up with!
My little white lantern got some coral (from the Keys) and a few decorative stones.


Some old blue bottles that my belated Granny Valentine dug up years and years ago. 


A hurricane full of seashells & beach glass....a few of which I picked up off Florida's beaches!



A couple candle holders bought at TJ Maxx today on clearance for $1.50 each. I love the bubbles and imperfections in the glass.


A book I bought at a Goodwill in Pennsylvania last week on vacation specifically for this table!


I also bought these napkin rings last week at the same Goodwill for $0.99. I thought they might work for this tablescape and I think they do. The metal blends nicely with the silverware and the mercury glass votive holders on the table.


And...here it is all together. I love how it turned out! Makes me want to go to the beach so I can get up early to go walking and hunt for seashells!


Of course I had to give the buffet a matching look, so I nabbed this wood bucket of seashells from my son's bathroom. Most of these were picked up by me and my kiddos over the years!


I kept it simple with just a couple large candle holders and my milk glass collection. It is so versatile! I feel like I need to add something more, but I'm not sure what! 


Well, that's it for today folks! I'm hoping to get a couple more projects completed tomorrow! So much to do...so little time! I better get b.u.s.y! 
As always, thanks for stopping by!

I'm joining Susan from Between Naps On the Porch  for... 


Be sure to go visit Susan and see hers and all the other lovely tablescapes...:)

Until next time.....

15 comments:

  1. Those beach plates are incredible - 5.99 for 4 - I'm in love !!!
    What a gorgeous beach themed table setting -
    I want those plates...........
    Love how your buffet looks too - with your milk glass
    I want those plates.......
    Hope your son has a fabulous time at the beach
    I want those plates.........
    XOOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beachy tablescape is awesome and you had all the right accessories to put it together. Love your new plates...love it all! Sounds like you and your son had a fun day together...hope he has fun at "Panama City Beach" and brings you some souvenirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this beachy tablescape! I love the beach and it's been way too long since I have been there! Love the shells and those cute plates are perfect with your vintage glasses. Great Job!!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Vicky, Hope you had a wonderful vacation! It feels good to get away and just get refreshed. I want to thank you again for allowing me to be a guest writer, while you were gone. I had some sweet visitors stop in. Going to a women's conference tomorrow. Just a one nighter. Have a great week-end.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, everything is PERFECT! Your tablescape looks incredible and I honestly felt like I was right near the beach :) LOVE the dishes - too cute! And the bucket of shells is darling.

    Thanks for sharing, sweet Vicky.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a plate person, but I would have bought these plates. I love the blue and cream. My favorite is the octopus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this table! Those plates are great, and I am so coveting them right now. Don't know why you say you aren't great at tablescapes... this one is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen those plates at Home Goods and wanted them. I don't know why I didn't buy them!!! They are so neat! I love all 4 designs!!! The color is so pretty, too.

    I like your seashell collection. I have a pretty extensive one, too, and those shells really get a workout in the summertime! I like the wood bucket those are in on the buffet. It has a really rugged, seafaring look to it!

    Very nice! (Visiting from BNOTP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I HAVE to have those dishes! So glad you bought them and shared them! I hope every other blogger doesn't beat me to them! LOL Wonderful table! Your goblets are gorgeous, and I love, love, love that wood basket! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crab is my favorite too! I love the finished product!! Maybe something with the blue from the mirror on the buffet?..

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. I am your newest follower! Stop by and see me at livinglaughingandloving-sarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tablescape caught my eye on Between Naps on the Porch, because of your plates. My daughter gave me two sets of these in a different color recently and I love them. I have not used them, yet, but I am hoping to soon. I, also, noticed the reference to Panama City beach - we visit there so often. I hope you soon had (or is still having) a great time. Your table is beautiful and I adore all of the shells - we love picking them up, but on the beach in PC, the pickings are pretty slim!! So happy to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a pretty and very beachy tablescape. So pretty, and I love those dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty Beach Table! You got some great deals on many of the items you used - and it all came out looking like a million bucks! I love those blue bottles that were a found item!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....