Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

An Ornament Exchange!

Well....I decided to do it!
 I decided to host an ornament exchange! I had so much fun participating in Stephanie's teacup/mug exchange over at The Enchanting Rose and got to thinking that I should host some sort of exchange. This led me to remember the ornament exchange that I participated in a couple years ago through a teacher website I often visit. It was so much fun, so I decided to host one of my own. It is so exciting to get some happy mail now and then and this is the opportunity to do just that! I do hope you will consider participating in the exchange. I decided to host this early, so you can get your ornaments well before Christmas. I don't know about you, but I decorate early....usually during the week I am off for Thanksgiving. I love to enjoy and admire my decorations for at least a month! 
No big rules....just don't spend over $15. Your ornament can be purchased or handmade by you. It's up to you...:) You can send additional items if you wish, just remember it is not required so don't feel pressured to send extra items or disappointed if you only receive an ornament. I think an ornament and a nice hand-written note is sufficient, but I know some of us just love shopping for or crafting items for others, so you may choose to include an additional item or two. It is entirely up to you...:) Also, you will make two new friends since you will send to one person and receive your package from an entirely different person! Also, please let me know in your comment if you would be willing to send to someone out of the country. I have a few blog friends from other countries whom I want to be able to participate if they wish. I personally don't mind shipping to another country!

You can spread the word by copying the picture below and pasting it into a post with the link to this post. You do NOT have to do this to sign up though! Only if you want to...:)


Here are the details:

1. Sign-up will run today through November 8th. 
To sign up you just need to leave me a comment! I will contact you after I get your comment and you can then send me your name and address.

2. I will announce your partners by Sunday, November 10th.

3. Purchase or make an ornament (spending limit is $15).

4. Ship your ornament by November 19th.

5. I will have a link-up on my blog on or by December 7th so you can show off your new ornament from your new friend!

I am so excited and I hope many of you want to participate! I love and collect Christmas ornaments and how exciting to receive an ornament from someone across the country or the world! I can't think of a better way to kick-off the Christmas season! It's my favorite time of the year.....:)
I look forward to hearing from you!

40 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky, I was thinking of doing the same thing as you! Lol! I guess I will leave that up to you now! I will participate in this fun exchange. What a great and fun idea and great way to meet new people. Have a great week.
    Julie at julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this a great idea and would love to participate. Is it ok if the ornament is not new? As long as it does not look used, I am ok with getting an old one and hope others are also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! I am thrilled to join your ornament exchange, sweet friend :) I will gladly put your picture on my sidebar and I would love to mention it in a post this coming week. Thank you, Vicky, for putting this on - you are a blessing! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky I am so happy to join in the ornament exchange! I love Christmas and it's fun to get to know someone new! I'll add this to my sidebar! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FuN idea Vicky. I'll be more than happy to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in Vicky! I'll add your link to my sidebar and mention in this week's post. Wonderful idea my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm so glad you decided to this Vicky.

    It will be my FIRST swap EVER...but I love Christmas and this is a great way to celebrate with blogging friends!

    Oh, and i don't mind shipping outside the country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in, though I have absolutely no idea what to send... yet! And of course, I can send overseas, be it the Channel or the Ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Vicky, I love the idea! Let me think about it for a couple of days :)
    I have so many things on my list already!
    I will get back with you!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful idea! I would love to participate!
    Oksana @OksanaPlusHobbies
    http://oksanalikesit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Christmas so I think this is a fantastic idea! I would love to join in. I am also now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Vicky, I would love to participate in your exciting ornament exchange, and I too would be willing to send out of the country. As you know I do not have a blog, but I am thankful for my daughter Stephanie who guides me through all this blog fun.

    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to participate. I've done this before at church but never online. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vicky,
    What a great idea... count me in! :0)
    Happy to mention it on the blog as well..
    Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore exchanges and have some crochet ornament patterns I can't wait to try. Sign me up, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi...I was just getting all my information organized for the ornament exchange and realized I had not heard from you. I discovered you are a no reply commenter which means I cannot reply by e-mail. If you happent to get this message and still want to join in, please reply here with your e-mail and I will contact you. Sorry and I hope to ehar from you...:)

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
    2. I have no idea how it keeps switching me back to "no-reply." I have seriously fixed it three times this year. Hope it isn't too late. hlgstrider@gmail.com

      Delete
    3. Okay read up on it, and I guess every time you associate your G+ account with your blog it does this and there is no way two switch it. You can't be a G+ blogger and a "reply" blogger. Which is kind of a catch 22 because I want to have both. G+ is a big connection tool for bloggers.

      That said, I know it is a little more work, but if you click on a G+ bloggers name in the comment form it will take you to their profile which is usually associated with their blog which in my case at least has a multiple different contact methods. Probably too late in this case, but since I need the G+ I apparently can't be a "reply blogger."

      Delete
  16. I am in for the ornament exchange. Will we get to know a little bit about the person so we can personalize the ornament?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd like to join, please, and will send anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! I LOVE ornaments!! I'd love to participate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christie....you showed up as a no reply commenter so I can't e-mail you. If you get this message in time, please reply and leave me your e-mail address and I will get in touch...:)

      Delete
  19. Can you re-send me the e-mail you sent me about the Ornament Swap? I was checking e-mails as I walked on the beach this morning and I deleted it by accident from my phone. I didn't even get to read it so I don't know if there is anything I need to follow up on.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to participate. I do love vintage things so I do not mind old stuff. I agree with Art and Sand - knowing a little about our ornament receiver would allow more personalization. Like their blog address. I get giddy over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to participate! I love vintage too and agree with Donna. Yay! Di@Cottage-Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun Vicky! Count me in, and I'll ship anywhere. Yay, Christmas is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to participate. How fun! I love Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn.....I am hoping you will check back and read this comment. You are a no-reply blogger, so unfortunatley I have no way of getting in touch with you. If you get this message, please reply here and leave me your e-mail address nd I will contact you. Thanks, Vicky

      Delete
    2. lynn54868@gmail.com. Thank you.

      Delete
  24. Okay count me in.. HOW does this work. This is my first ornament exchange. HUGS .. HOW TOO HELP me sista .. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would absolutely Love to be a part of this, as Christmas is my favorite time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny...I am hoping you will check back and read this comment. You are a no-reply blogger, so unfortunatley I have no way of getting in touch with you. If you get this message, please reply here and leave me your e-mail address nd I will contact you. Thanks, Vicky

      Delete
    2. Hey Vicky; Please add me. I am sorry to have not posted my email, due to spam!!!!
      realsungirl@hotmail.com

      Delete
  26. I commented on your most recent post as well. I would love to be a part of this! What fun. I am looking forward to sending out an ornament!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for the offer Vicky! I would love to join the exchange. What a nice addition to all our Christmas trees this will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi...I am hoping you will check back and read this comment. You are a no-reply blogger, so unfortunatley I have no way of getting in touch with you. If you get this message, please reply here and leave me your e-mail address nd I will contact you. Thanks, Vicky

      Delete
    2. Sue at lk46516@aol.com Thank you!

      Delete
  28. Hi Vicky, I had fun with Stephanie's exchange and I have participated in some very fun exchanges this year so this one sounds great to me. I would love to join the fun.
    Thanks,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....