Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Sweet Collection!

Woo! Hoo! It's Thursday evening, which means tomorrow is Friday! This kindergarten teacher is ready for the weekend! The kiddos know Christmas is almost here and they are bouncing off the walls...lol! Anywho, I am here today to share my gingerbread collection with you. I love my gingerbread and have been collecting for a few years now. Many of my items were gifts or thrifted. I am all about a bargain! I don't know about you, but I love it when I buy something after Christmas on clearance and then forget I bought it until I unpack and see it...such a fun surprise! This year, it was the table runner you see below. 
It is so cute with all my sweet and gingerbread themed things. This is pretty simple for now...just a few plates on each end and some jars full of Christmas balls,  gingerbread cookies, and gumdrops!


I have collected lots of Christmas tree jars over the past couple of years at yard sales and thrift stores and have several which I fill with goodies. I love these jars and they are so cheap! There are several on the shelf on the shelf below. 


My little white tree is covered sweets...even the topper is a gumdrop snowflake!


I have had this light up gingerbread house forever.....it was the start of my obsession! The adorable candle holders (that aren't holding candles yet) were given to me by my sister last year. She found them at the thrift store and thought they would look great with my collection. She was right...:) They are too cute! I want to find the right candles to put on them but haven't found any yet. I love the peppermint trees too.

 

These candy trees and so fun! My biggest Christmas tree jar holds candy canes to the right of a thrifted gingerbread house!


My best friend Jeana gave me the gingerbread train and you can see the painting I received from Cecilia in the ornament exchange...:)


The top shelf holds 2 more thrifted gingerbread houses and a fat Christmas tree jar I got on clearance after Christmas a couple years ago.


My daughter bought me this gingerbread nutcracker. He is a favorite!


A cute little plate sits above my cabinets along with a garland of greenery, apples, peppermint lights, and candy!


The top of the fridge holds  a gingerbread house cookie jar (one of my first pieces) and a gingerbread girl my mother-in-law made when she used to craft for a living. I love the little cookies sign and the gingerbread angel behind it.


The coffee/hot chocolate station holds more gingerbread things. Almost everything was thrifted. I love this little corner in the kitchen...:)


Another view...:)


Here's another little sweetie made by my mother-in-law.


And another...sorry for the blurry pic! The stocking is made from burlap.


More gingerbread sdorn this little corner shelf.


And the windowsill holds a ceramic gingerbread muffin pan that was bought on clearance after Christmas a couple years ago. 


One more thing made by my mother-in-law...:) It's made from a clay flower pot!


This little sign came from the Dollar General but I thought it was cute and I like the saying...:)


And this plate was a TJ Maxx find a few years ago. I would love to have 3 more!


This little fat gingerbread chef was an ornament I received in an exchange on a teacher website I used to frequent. Isn't he adorable?


And while we are looking at all these sweets, here's a favorite Christmas treat! Peppermint ice cream.....it is so yummy! I buy one carton each year and thoroughly enjoy a bowl occasionally throughout December. 


I hope you enjoyed looking at all my sweet gingerbread things. They always bring a smile to my face! Have a wonderful Friday everyone and until next time.....

12 comments:

  1. Vicky this is so cute!! I love your collection and how adorable it looks displayed in your kitchen! I'm going to enjoy going back for a second look! Sweet hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky, I loved looking at all your sweet gingerbread decorations! It looks so bright and cheery and like a candy land! I hope you have a nice weekend and get to relax a little. Take care. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very "sweet" :) All of the pieces are so nice and I love thrifty! I have a candy tree in my kitchen. Beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful collection! I love them all, especially that muffin pan. So cute...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your collection. I think my favourite is the muffin pan. Is it easy to find a ceramic one in the USA? I've been looking for one in flea-markets and I haven't had any luck... yet! Good luck for the last days of school before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly have been busy decorating, very cute! I never got into gingerbread but yours could change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a wonderful collection.. love that tree and all the fun and cheerful colors of everything... Beautiful! :0) Thanks for sharing..

    -Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious displays! What a fun thing to collect. Your MIL made sweet things too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Confection perfection! I do not know why I missed this post because I have been waiting to see the gingerbread collection. Your MIL was a talented decorative artist. Do your snowmen ever party with the gingerbread people?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, everything looks so sweet, literally :) I just love your collection, Vicky, and I am sure your home is absolutely beautiful! Thinking of you, dear friend. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Vicky, Merry Christmas, I was just thinking how busy you must be! I bet we couldn't catch you if we tried! :)
    Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your time off !!
    It has been very fun this last year, and I am so glad to know you!
    I look forward to another year of Blogging together! XO
    HO HO HO!!
    Blessings Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your gingerbread girls and boys! What a fun collection! Hope everything is well with you, have a Merry Christmas! :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....