Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Blog Anniversary & Year in Review

I thought this would be easier than it was.....choosing a favorite photo from a post during each of these last 12 months. I enjoyed looking back over these past 12 months though. Today marks not only the eve of the new year, but also my one year blogging anniversary. This blog has been like an online scrapbook for me. I know I don't blog about anything specific....more about what's currently going on in my life from family events, recipes, thrifty finds, makeovers, crafty projects, pets, and so on. My daughter told me  awhile back that our blogs (hers and mine) are lifestyle blogs since we don't stick to one subject. I love that and documenting this last year on my blog makes me wish I could have done this my whole life. I have tried over the years to scrapbook and keep up with photos but it always overwhelmed me and I would soon give up. I would still like to go back and finish organizing my hard copy photos some day though, but I am so happy to have my blog to keep up with everything now. I am equally glad that I have made so many new friends through this blogging world. I am always so delighted to hear from each one of you. I know if I ever have the chance to meet you in real life that it would be so enjoyable and comfortable, since it feels like I have know some of you for much longer than a year. I thank each of you who follow me and visit often as well as those of you who just pop in occasionally to see what I have been up to. You amazing ladies mean so much to me....and I look forward to sharing the upcoming year with you all. 
May each of you be blessed with a beautiful 2014!

Without further adieu.....


January was my first month of blogging about my life here on Willie Mae Lane. There were no big events going on, but I did share lots of thrifty finds, a recipe, a couple makeovers, and photos from walks down Willie Mae Lane....like this one.

January
February soon came and brought with it lots of treasure hunting, trying my hand at creating vignettes, Valentine's Day, and a trip with the family to one of my favorite local places....Shired Island.
February

Along came March and more thrifty finds, walks with mama, some redecorating, a yummy new recipe, a trip to Tallahassee to see Miranda, and a fun weekend trip with the family down in Suwannee on the Gulf of Mexico. One fun day was spent at mama and daddy's going through all my Granny Valentine's old bottles she dug up over the years. Aren't they pretty?

March
April was a beautiful month for walking as well as a little treasure hunting. I created my first ever tablescape, attended Grad Night with my son, Dakota, and did a little crafting. All in all a wonderful month and one in which I was so happy to be......

April
May was a flurry of activity....planning a baby shower and a graduation party as well as all the things involved with graduation as a class sponsor. I was busy wrapping up another school year too, but did manage to squeeze in a couple treasure hunts, a walk or two, and one glorious day on the river.....

May


I survived May and was so happy to see June arrive and with it, lots of birthday celebrations (mine, Dakota's, and the Hubs). I squeezed in a couple of treasure hunts and a little crafting too! Best of all though was my cruise! First one ever and I hope not my last....:)
I can still feel that warm sand on my toes....

June

July brought my second favorite holiday...4th of July, and lots and lots of fun! I enjoyed lots of crafting and redoing in July and had my first ever guest bloggers, won my first giveaways, and enjoyed a fun Road Trip with my daughter, Miranda, and mother-in-law to Pennsylvania.

July

August is always a busy month for a teacher.....I posted only 7 times during this month!
I did try a new recipe and went thrifting once or twice, but the most exciting thing in August was meeting my new granddog...Sadie.
<3
August

September found me settling into kindergarten and gaining my normal life back. I attended a sweet wedding, of course went thrifting a time or two, and celebrated my daughter's 24th birthday with a fun trip to Cedar Key! September also found us celebrating my mama and daddy's anniversary with a shrimp boil. Love these Valentine's.....

September

October came so quickly and brought with it some cooler temperatures and many blessings. I joined in my first teacup/mug exchange which prompted me to create my own exchange...a Christmas ornament exchange which turned out to be a big success! It also brought a fun trip to Tallahassee, some crafting and thrifting, and sweet moments with Sadie. Best of all in October though, was the hubs and I celebrating our 25th....Silver Anniversary....:)

October

November is such a perfect month to remember all the things in our lives to be thankful for and for me, they are many. The hubs and I were finally able to start the remodel of our guest room and almost finish it. I enjoyed many simple moments during November....including this one watching Sadie and Farrah snuggled up asleep together...:)

November
December was a whirlwind of activities and parties, both at home and school. I was able to post my guest room reveal....and enjoyed adding touches of Christmas in it for my daughter's visit. I enjoyed the link up of all the ornaments sent and received during the exchange and am already looking forward to next year. I also enjoyed my holiday decor and moments spent with family and friends..... looks like Sadie did as well.....

December


I thought I would also include a photo from the most viewed post of the year as well.....except this isn't really a photo. My Christmas ornament exchange post was definitely my most viewed post of the year!

Most Viewed Post

So, since that wasn't really a photo, I am including my second most viewed post....my ice cream table and chairs.
I am contemplating selling it since I do not have a good space for it and could use the money I would get out of it to begin my next room remodel. We'll see!

2nd.....Ice Cream Table & Chairs


Well, I hope you enjoyed the walk down Willie Mae Memory Lane.
 I sure did. 
Be safe tonight at you ring in the new year....

2014!

 Until next year....
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky, Happy Anniversary on your blog! I'm so glad that I met you through Stephanie's tea cup exchange and it has been so much fun! Wishing you another year of happiness and success on blogging. Thanks for the walk down memory lane and wishing you a very happy new year! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun look back at your year and your year of blogging.

    Have a wonderful New Year's Eve and Day and savor your last days of vacation.

    Of course, you know that after Christmas the school days seem to fly by and it will be spring break before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blog-Anniversary, and a Happy New Year to you as well!
    -Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first "blogiversary", as some call it. I enjoy your blog and wish you many more years. I also wish my toes were squishing some warm sand right now, lol.

    Happy New Year Vicky! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great year and I am so glad you started blogging and we met and have become friends! You are such a sweet person and I enjoy your lifestyle blog! One year blogging, Happy Anniversary! May next year be even more fun! Happy New Year to you! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Vicky, What fun to see the flash back ...
    It has been a fun year, it it like having an extended family, like a ton of relatives :) !!
    Happy New Year
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had such an enjoyable time walking and talking with you. You know how much I love The Sunday Night Post (yes, it deserves caps!) Your photos of nature especially the flowers and deer are always wonderful. My favorites are Sadie and Farrah and the one of Dakota and Sadie baby. Looking forward to a whole new year with you as my blogging buddy. Oh, and I really loved the ornament exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great year Vicky, loved the pics, thanks for the look back. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great trip down your 2013 Willie Mae Lane. Loved it , Vicky. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great trip down your 2013 Willie Mae Lane. Loved it , Vicky. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful retrospective...I enjoyed all of the memories and photos. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy blogiversary, Vicky! I love the idea of choosing one photo per month to revisit your year and I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog! Looking forward to another year with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy blogiversary, Vicky! I love the idea of choosing one photo per month to revisit your year and I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog! Looking forward to another year with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....