Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Hodgepodge Post

Hello dear friends! I hope this beautiful Mother's Day evening finds each of you doing well. I have had a wonderful weekend surrounded at all times by those I love the most. I was so happy my daughter, Miranda was able to come home for the weekend. Sadie Lou was happy to have her home too...:)


She made me a beautiful calligraphy piece and framed it for me in a beautiful blue. I bought her a calligraphy set for Christmas and she enjoys using it. She has always had beautiful handwriting. 


Here it is on my living room gallery wall. I am slowly working on this wall. 


I love it in here and love the aqua blue color of the frame. 


She and Dakota gave me the calligraphy print, a beautiful card, and...


a Hobby Lobby gift card! 
I can't wait to make a trip to Tallahassee again to spend it! I love the chevron design on the card...:)


We went my mother-in-law's to pick her up and go to lunch. She had this beautiful plant for me. She always get me a pretty plant or flower every year. 
So sweet...:)


We ran by the flea market to have a quick look around and I found two things. First was this vintage tray. The bottom is wood and the sides are wicker. I love the color of it but will probably repaint it since it is a bit too distressed for me. It was just $1!


I also found a fabulous milk glass pedestal dish. It is about the size of a dinner plate and in perfect condition. It was $5 but worth it to me. I didn't have a piece like this and have been wanting one.


I love it!


My mother-in-law just recently bought a used RV for camping and she replaced the curtains with some more her taste. I love the fabric of the ones she took down and she gave them to me. I am thinking of making place mats later on. It is so pretty!


She also gave me this little 6 drawer unit she bought at a yard sale for $1. It is cute, but I am going to paint it and probably decoupage the drawer fronts. It will of course, live in my craft room to hold some of my junk...:) It's a good size, probably around 15-16 inches tall. It will hold a lot of small items. I'm hoping to work on it this week and will post after it gets a makeover.


We had a nice Mexican lunch and then dropped my mother-in-law off at home, visited for just a bit, and came home to celebrate with my mom and sister. We had such a fun afternoon together looking at old photos and having some good laughs. I cherish moments like these! Miranda left around 6 pm and I was sad to see her go, but I will see her again soon. I am off to my Aunt Loretta's now to tell her and my uncle bye as they leave to go out west for the summer to see all their kids and grands.
Well, this was most definitely a hodgepodge post. I hope your Mother's Day was lovely whether you celebrated with your children, your mother, mother-in-law or by yourself. 
Have a wonderful week my friends. 

Until next time.....

 
  

11 comments:

  1. Sadie is as big as Miranda! Actually Miranda may be smaller than Sadie. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. The wicker tray is lovely and nothing can be "too distressed"! Love the lace-edge milk glass. I know you are counting the days to freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lime your Mothers Day was very blessed! You sure do find some great treasures Vicky.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call this a fun, fun post and a fun day! What a lovely Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your Mother's Day! Your daughter and Sadie look so cute together. Have a nice week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had the perfect Mother's Day Vicky! The calligraphy that your daughter did is sweet. My mom and I took calligraphy classes when I was young...don't remember any of it! LOL! My daughter and I went to my parents house for lunch so that was nice. The rest of the weekend was spent working on my fire pit as you saw! Thanks for your nice comment, sure wish you lived closer so you could come make s'mores with me sometime! :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly had a busy Mother's Day!...but fun. Your treasures are great. It was finally nice here and saturday and I am seeing a lot of spray paint in my future too! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful Mother's Day...love that calligraphy; looks like your daughter is as talented as you are! Great treasures, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like you had a great day. I love the milkglass pedestal dish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a perfect day Vicky. You are so lucky to have such a loving family. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Mother's Day Vicky. So happy you were able to be spend it with all of your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....