Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Before & After Times Two!

Today after work, I felt like being creative. I decided to get in my craft room and see if I could get inspired to do something crafty. I started with painting this ladder that I have had for over a year now. I have just been using it like it was when I bought it, but decided today to give it a little makeover. Here is the before and after....


It is a pale shade of aqua. After it dried, I distressed it a bit and called it done. Here it is back in place in my craft room. Much better now...:)


After I painted the ladder, I decided to tackle the little drawer unit that I shared yesterday.
Here it is before and after.....


It was very cute before but not quite my style, so it got a coat of black paint. The drawers are decoupaged with pieces of wrapping paper. I added the washi tape and numbers after they dried.


I placed it on my desk and the drawers contain office supplies.


The desktop got a little tweaking to make it fit. You can also see the wicker tray I shared yesterday on the right side.


Here's a close-up. I gave it a fresh coat of jade paint which happened to be the same color it already was. It looks much better now. I love this color!


One more thing I wanted to share was an update on the box I shared a few weeks ago. I decoupaged some letters on the front to spell embellishments. It turned out super cute! I also added a vintage globe to the top of the shelf too. Love the colors!


My craft room is such a happy, colorful space. I know it is a little busy for some, but it is a small space and in order to hold all my stuff, it's going to be busy! I love it though and it makes me very happy! It is the perfect place to be creative in. It is always changing and it will continue to change over the years. I have a couple big changes in store for the future that I am excited about! 


That's all I have to share for today folks! I'm so glad you stopped by. Have a wonderful Tuesday!
I'm partying with these awesome ladies....
Kathe from Kathe With an E for You're Gonna Love It Tuesday
and
Marty from A Stroll Through Life for Inspire Me Tuesday.

Until next time.....
 

12 comments:

  1. Great before and after projects Vicky. I love the ladder and how you use it.

    Your craft room is a very happy place! I could spend tons of creative time in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craft room is such a nice place to create. I love the little painted ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ladder looks so great! Love that color. I'm finally home.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative space you have achieved. Love the ladder - I often use mine for books. After painting the tray, you need to distress it again :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ladder looks great and I love the way you have used it! All of your projects are wonderful, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the way your ladder turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn! Hope you're having a great week...:)

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  7. I love your craft room and the way you've filled it with all your treasures. Great job with all the makeovers. I love the color you chose for the ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so in love with the ladder! The color and look is perfect :)

    And I never tire of seeing your craft room - I bet the creativity easily flows in a charming room like that.

    Thinking of you, my friend! I hope the upcoming weekend is lovely! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter tells me that my creative space is too busy, but I love it that way.

    Great color on the ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your craft room Vicky, and that ladder makeover is fabulous. I love that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicky,
    Thank you so much for stopping at my blog, and taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it, and it's nice to hear from you! I love your projects, all of them, especially the ladder and the little drawers, so wonderful! Please stop by again! I'll be taking time to check out more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....