Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Busy As a Bee!

That title may be a little misleading! I have had some busy time but lots of down time too! Anywho, ever since I got my bee plate in the mail from Anthropologie....remember it.


I just LOVE it and have been wanting to add in some more bee things. This as been pretty easy since I already own a couple things and I bought the burlap bee candle holder that I shared here. I created a new vignette on the table and included my thrifted honey jar that I have had for a while now.


I am trying to think of something better to put in the lace edged milk glass dish, but haven't come up with anything yet. Any ideas?


Here's a close-up of the honey jar.


I added my new bee candle holder to the shelf on my mint green mirror and switched out the sheep for a mother and baby quail and changed the word on my scrabble tiles from spring to faith.


I like it! I need something different in the burlap candle holder. 
Maybe some fresh grapevine from my yard!


I already had this beautiful frosted glass candy dish on the buffet. It belonged to my Granny Valentine and I just love it. I have seen one just like it on the Internet for $200! I would never sell mine though. 


Here's a better look at the side.


And here's the lid...isn't it pretty?


And even the candy inside has bees on the wrapper. It is produced locally and has honey in it.


I am pretty sweet on this new understated bee theme. I think I might keep it for a while! I have actually been thinking it goes well with the look I am slowly trying to achieve. I love farmhouse style and think bees goes nicely with it. I have a little bit of a milk theme going in the kitchen and think I may need to make a sign that says Milk & Honey. I may make a chalkboard platter that I saw recently and put it on that. The hubby and I have big plans this summer to redo our library, dining room, living room, and master bath! I hope and pray we can get it all done. Hope you are enjoying Memorial Day weekend. I am truly grateful to those men and women who have served and continue to serve this glorious country I call home. 
Until next time.....

10 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky, wow I love the way you decorated with the bee theme. Good luck with the summer plans. Enjoy tomorrow.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with those Anthro plates the first time I saw them. I never bought them and now you make me wish I had.

    Love your bee/farm theme you have going.

    I just finished making 8 dozen chocolate chips cookies for 4 dozen ice cream sandwiches and I am exhausted, but the party starts in 5 minutes so I guess I had better hop in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Vicky, I think your idea of the chalkboard saying milk and honey is a great idea. How fun will it be to have your makeover; don't forget the before and after pictures! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog...
    You make me smile...
    Bee Happy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so BEEautiful :) Your bee theme is lovely and I know you will come up with a perfect, clever idea for your milk dish - although it looks great as it is.

    Have a wonderful Memorial Day, my sweet friend. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Anthropology plate. So cute and your bee theme is well underway.

    I hope you have a blessed remainder of the weekend Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicky, your bee wares collection are beautiful! Love! Love! Love your grandmas dish... not to mention the beautiful Anthropologie plate too!
    Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, I know (frantically waving my hand in the air as only teachers know so well!) You need to collect several of the wooden honey dippers and make a bouquet of them. Also you can go to The Graphics Fairy for a great French bee in a laurel wreath graphic for decoupage. I love where you are taking this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your collection so far! I like Donna Wilkes suggestions above too. I think you need a real bee's nest somewhere! Actually, I think the ones I'm thinking of are hornet's nests but they are cool looking... when they aren't filled with hornets that is! lol!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky, love the new items and the Bee theme is kinda perfect isn't it! Your Grandmothers candy box is amazing! What a treasure. wishing you a wonderful day!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure together some sweet vignettes, love your frosted candy dish. I'm really feeling the bee theme also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....