Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Plates, Roses, a Little Makeover!

I don't know about you, but I am thankful to see Saturday here at last! I have had such a busy week and am in need of the R & R the weekend brings. I have just a few things to share today from the past few days. 
Earlier in the week, I hung my new plates, but decided not to add them to the plate wall for now. I hung them on a different wall and really like the way they look here.


On the way home from work yesterday, I had to stop and get some groceries and they had bouquets of roses for $4.99! For that price, I had to have some for my dining room table.


Aren't they beautiful...:)


I finally got my bicycle print framed. I redid the frame.,,,it was all white and very plain. I added the green and distressed the white and now I love it! 


It is perfect for the print! And...it is the perfect addition to the guest room.


I also got the chenille spread on the guest room bed in preparation for the weekend...


because this beautiful girl is coming home! 


I haven't seen her in 6 weeks and the rest of the family hasn't seen her in over 2 months! I'm so happy she is coming home for Mother's Day! She should be here in less than an hour...:)
And as soon as she gets here, we have to dash out the door for a family reunion! Looking forward to seeing my sweet cousin from Canada and her family. Prayers for a lovely weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there.

Until next time....


6 comments:

  1. your plates are adorable and so is your daughter! I love your bike print! Happy Mothers Day to you also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as though you are going to have a fantastic mother's day weekend Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been as busy as can be. Your big red roses are gorgeous and just in time to be in full bloom for Mother's Day. Hope you have a great time with your daughter home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought surely the bee plate was coming here to visit for awhile! Love the arrangement. So glad Miranda is staying the weekend - enjoy the family reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your guest room... I love chenille! Very nice Vicky.
    Enjoy your Mothers Day. :-)
    Joy! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky, wishing you a wonderful Mother's day! I know it will be with your sweet girl home! I'm blessed to spend this day with my Mom this year!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....