Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

This & That

Can't believe it's been two weeks since I last posted! Life sure gets busy when the school year begins. Nothing too exciting going on around here right now, but I thought I would share a few things I have bought/received recently. First up are a few crafty things I found at Tuesday Morning a few weeks ago. They have such awesome prices and nice, quality items. I bought a paper cutter...I needed a new one for home. I also bought a tool to use for torn paper edges. I have been wanting one of those.


I couldn't pass up this cute little number 4, since it's my favorite number. I can easily repaint it! And I just fell in love with these cute buttons!


Last weekend, my friend Jeana and I went out to dinner and did a little shopping and I was thrilled to find a small mercury glass lamp. I have been looking for one for weeks for my living room. This one was perfect in every way! I found it at TJ Maxx.


Here it is on the black cabinet in my living room...love!


I also found a galvanized "H" at Michael's. I have a hard time finding the letter "H". It must be one of the more popular beginning letters for last names. 


Joey and I went to a yard sale and I only purchased one item...and it was just $1! I love this large metal plate rack...but I won't be using it for plates! Stay tuned.....


After school let out one day, I was walking my kiddos up to the parent pick-up area and one of my moms met me with this little beauty! She made it just for me! I never receive a handmade gift and never out of the blue like that. I was so tickled! Her little boy, my student, picked out the colors himself. This couldn't have been more perfect for me if I had ordered it custom made. So sweet...:)


It holds three pint sized painted mason jars. I can't wait to put some fresh flowers in it!


I also finished my book.....and it didn't disappoint. It was a little different for this author, but after I read the end, I totally understood why. I highly recommend him, but I would start with his older novels first.


I know it's not much, but that's it for today! I did finally receive a little something I ordered for my new vehicle and I hope to share just a few photos of it tomorrow. I am loving it! For now though, I am off to lay back down. My allergies hit me full force yesterday and have just about done me in. I haven't done much other that lay around today and it's almost 7 p.m.! I am hoping and praying I feel better before Monday morning though because I really am not ready to leave my little kinders in the care of a substitute yet. Have a blessed weekend all.....until next time.....

11 comments:

  1. Gosh we must all be so busy right now! I love the H and the new lamp!! Things are looking good at your house. Hope you feel better soon. I've been sick but I'm finally feeling much better !
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful items, and I would totally not repaint the 4. Love the pink! Hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new finds Vicky! I'm not sure if I will ever shop again now that I've come to accept that I have too much stuff! lol! Hope you are feeling better soon. I think the move made me physically sick because I've been nauseated and have a headache today.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky, this jusr seems to be a busy time for all of us. Love your new lamp, perfect! How sweet your gift is, must be a thoughtful Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicky, I love what you shared and what a lovely handmade gift your students mom! Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy your week too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Afternoon, Vicky!

    I love all your odds and ends you have here. All your deals are wonderful and I can't wait to see what you do to that metal plate hanger. What a sweet and precious gift you received from one of your students. How nice! I love the thought and colors of it. I've seen the painted mason jar thing on a few other sites and I just love the idea of it!

    I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed this post on the blog reader - I was at a family reunion this weekend. Love your finds. You must tell me about a torn paper cutter. That is one of the best teacher gifts I have seen. And in your colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, the wood box with jars is just the cutest thing ever! I love it and the jars are your color which goes to show your students take note :)

    Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great finds. Love the mercury glass lamp, and that plate rack. That gift is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds, Vicky! I love the mercury glass lamp - I adore mercury glass! :) hope you are feeling better; I don't know what's in the air but it's bad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everybody needs a paper cutter. My sister bought me one for my birthday last year and I think it has been my most used crafting tool I have. Love all your great finds and what a special gift you received!! Very thoughtful. I am very curious as to what you are going to do with that plate rack!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....