Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Birthday & Some Thrifty Finds!

Hello and happy Sunday! 
Today is one of my favorite days of the year...it's my daughter, Miranda's birthday! She's 26 today! So hard to believe! I found an old picture (she was 3 here...we took her to Disney World after her birthday) of her to post on Facebook, along with a recent one taken of her yesterday. She is across the world in Vienna, Austria this weekend for her birthday. What a sweet way to celebrate!
Happy Birthday Miranda....I love you!


Anywho, I haven't blogged about my thrifty finds in a long time. Perhaps because I hardly ever visit the thrift stores these days. My junk decor collection was taking over my house and I was not happy about it. I have always been super organized but it is difficult to organize when you don't have space to put things! Over the summer I donated a ton of stuff and I am slowly going through things again and getting rid of more stuff. 
I do have three things I have thrifted recently. The first one is this like new acrylic drink dispenser. I am going to keep water in it in the fridge. It does not leak...yay! It was $1.49.


I also bought this vintage Parisian Prints linen dish towel. It still had the sticker on it but when I tried to peel it off, it literally disintegrated. I thought this might make a cute runner in a tablescape. It was $1.29.


The only other used thrifty find I have to share is this huge, solid wood tray. I found it at the Goodwill yesterday when my sister, Nancy and I went shopping. It was $4.99 but well worth the cost. I am trying to decide what I am going to do for a makeover! Maybe paint and decoupage!


Here it is full of some of my other finds from yesterday. Keep scrolling if you want to see what I bought!


I got a great deal on these two burlap beach bags at Wal Mart. They are really big and so cute! They have a change purse attached as well. They were originally almost $9 each but I got them for $2 each. I love the compass rose.


The anchor is really pretty...notice it is seagulls!


The other thing I got from Wal Mart were these two packs of folders. They are designed by Sadie Robertson who is on the show Duck Dynasty. She has her own line of stationery products out. I bought her sticky note collection over the summer because I thought they were so pretty. I was surprised Wal Mart had these folders. There are three in each pack and they were clearanced to $0.75 per pack. I am planning to cut some of the down and frame them for my craft room. I love the prints and love that her line of products is scripture based!


On to my crafty finds! I found this huge tape runner and refill on clearance at Beall's Outlet. I gave about $5 for both of them. The runner runs around $14 and the refills around $10 normally, so this was a fantastic deal! I also bought a few other tools at Michael's. I got the craft tweezers I've been wanting with a 50% off coupon. I also bought a small, portable paper cutter and some scrapbooking adhesive. I got 15% off everything else I bought too, including sale items, using my teacher discount. I just realized I forgot to share my awesome new punch for 3X4 journaling cards and photos! 


I bought some stickers too...the gold glitter Thickers came from Michael's, the party borders from the Dollar Tree, and the other three packs from Wal Mart. Two of the Wal Mart packs were on clearance for $0.75 each.


I bought this monogram from Michael's for my front door. It is time to take my other wreath down and I thought this would make a great wreath. Trying to decide what color to paint it! I hope to complete that little project this afternoon and share it tomorrow!


I was thrilled to find these two journaling card kits on clearance at Wal Mart for $4 each. One is a travel theme and the other a birthday/celebration pack. 


Michael's had their paper pads for 70% off yesterday as a Door Buster sale. I got another 15% off that as well, so I got this beautiful pad for just over $5! It will make gorgeous cards for my Project Life spreads. I have been wanting this set forever and was thrilled they actually had it yesterday and for such an amazing price!


I also bought some of their sticker books for my planners. They are only $1 each so I got them for $0.85 each. There are tons of stickers in them and they are just too cute!


I bought this set of  silver rhinestones from the dollar bins. It was $1.50. I use them on my journaling cards to add a little bling here and there.


My big purchase of the day was this pretty new comforter and shams. It was on clearance at Beall's Outlet. I fell in love with the grey background and the bright colors in the flowers! I have had a duvet on an old comforter on my bed for a while and I just didn't like it. I love the light weight of this new one. 


Here's a close up of the design. All my favorite colors!


The reverse is striped...you can see in the photo below.


The only other purchase yesterday, besides groceries and some soap from Bath & Body Works, was this adorable Betsey Johnson make-up bag. I have been wanting a new one for a while now and could not pass this one up at Beall's Outlet. I love Betsey Johnson items for the bright, fun patterns. They are usually a little too pricey for me, but this little bag was just $7.99. It goes for at least $20 when I looked it up online!


When I got home yesterday, I had three pieces of happy mail! First up was this adorable set of journaling cards and matching ephemera for my Project Life pages. It is so pretty! I ordered it from Amazon.


Next was this set of durable clear plastic bags I ordered to organize all my journaling cards in. I will share that on the blog tomorrow....hopefully! I will also share the third happy mail item with you tomorrow. 


If you stuck around to see all my thrifty finds and awesome deals, thank you! I also want to thank you for all your sweet comments you have left me. I am trying not to beat myself up if I don't have time to reply to everyone. I do appreciate your kind words and hope to have time to start replying more again soon. It is difficult to find time to do all the things I love and enjoy doing these days.....blogging (and replying), reading and commenting on your blogs, play in my happy place, keep a house, be a good wife and mom, read, not to mention work full time! So....please forgive me if I fail to reply. I try to answer questions and reply when I have the time. You all are the best! I pray each of you has a blessed and beautiful week!

Until next time.....

11 comments:

  1. Vicky, I understand about the lack of time. I'm behind but trying so hard to catch up. I love the photos of Miranda and wish her a happy birthday. You found some good bargains. I am not thrifting much either but still looking for some bargains.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the queen of good bargains. Love the comforter altho I prefer the striped side. :-)

    I will have to look up the tape runner - what the heck is that?

    Cripes, I never have enough hours in the day for everything I want to do either. I am waytoo busy all the time.

    Enjoy your week and make time for your craft projects. I'm re-doing a trunk this week and it's all I can think about. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you hit Walmart and Michael's at the right time! I love when that happens, especially when you can finally get something you have been eyeing! Lots of goodies you found! Your new comforter and shams is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I've been super busy lately! Even now I have to hurry and write this because I have to pick a friend up in a few minutes, but I wanted to say I have a tray like yours and it is the one I decoupoaged in that class I took, I posted about it but not sure if you saw it.

    Happy Birthday Miranda!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a good excuse to be perpetually busy. I have no excuse and I am way behind.

    Lots of fun "stuff"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Look at all of that loot! You found some great stuff for next to no $$$. Scrapbooking stuff can be so pricey but when you get in on sale, you score big! I love the paper pad you bought. I'd rush out and get one too except I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more scrapbooking products until 2016. I like your big H, too. I'd like to do something like that for our front door. I'll have to go and check out Michaels, ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am in need of a Michaels trip! You really did a lot of shopping and got some fun things. I haven't been thrifting in a couple weeks myself, but have donated bags of stuff the past couple weeks.

    I really don't know how you or any bloggers manage to reply, there just isn't time and I don't think it is expected. Give yourself a break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicky! You really got some great things at great prices! Don't worry about not being able to respond all the time, I think we all understand! :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you got some great deals on great items! What fun! And a happy birthday to your girl. I know you are so proud of her.
    Do what you need to do; we understand the need to balance life blogging with life. It can be challenging. Big hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying to catch up with your blog and I see you found wonderful things. Love how you used the monogram.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicky! :)
    Wow, you and your sister had an amazing day! :)
    I loved your thrifty finds as well as your store finds!
    I love Beall's Outlet, my in-laws have a winter place in Florida and I know Beall's Outlet well! It's a great store!!
    You got some good deals at Wal-Mart too, I will have to go there, I remember seeing those beach bags in the summer. I have not seen those folders before either.
    Great finds.
    And what a cute photo of Miranda when she was so little, cute. I hope she had an amazing birthday!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....